AutoMate BPA Server, by HelpSystems, is the ultimate in organizational automation. From small mid-market companies to the largest global enterprise, AutoMate BPA Server allows organizations to deliver ground-breaking automation fast (in hours, not days or weeks).
Enhance or replace your current production Job Scheduler, and combine all your processing assets, physical, virtual or cloud-based, into integrated, cohesive and managed executable workflows — all without writing a single line of code or script. AutoMate BPA Server 10 delivers the power of “No Code, No Limits” to your entire organization.
BPA Server is available in the following Editions:
- AutoMate BPA Server Standard Edition: creates a platform for the development, management and execution of co-ordinated business processes across multiple machines without the need to write code on up to ten machines
- AutoMate BPA Server Enterprise Edition: includes all features in the Standard Edition with the addition of cross platform automation, support for an unlimited number of agents and user accounts, user roles and object promotion, agent grouping and agent failover and support for more than ten machines.
- Server Ops Console: The AutoMate BPA Server Ops Console gives you the ability to monitor and manage everything that’s happening across your organisation from wherever you are. By providing a simple way to see detailed operational analytics and control your processes from any device, the Server Ops Console helps you make better and faster strategic decisions.
- Workflows: Graphical workflows are the cornerstone of AutoMate BPA Server. A workflow (or flow diagram) is a high-level graphical representation of an IT or business process, which might involve processing on multiple servers across the network.
- Workflow Designer: Graphical workflows are created via intuitive drag-and-drop tools in Workflow Designer, an application included with AutoMate BPA Server. Workflows are not just pretty looking diagrams - they contain all the information (i.e., initiation, execution, error-handling, conditional logic, notification, etc.) needed to automate complex IT and business processes.
- Event Driven Task Triggering: Not everything happens on a schedule; Triggers are AutoMate's responsive solution for automation. Triggers watch for system or network events and, in response, launch a task.
- Server Management Console: AutoMate BPA Server provides the installable Server Management Console (SMC), as well as a web-based interface. Automation assets can now viewed and managed using any mobile or desktop device with browser access.
- Task Builder: AutoMate provides an incredibly easy-to-use, drag-and-drop, intuitive interface for developing automation applications. Over 529 basic plain-English, drag-and-drop, fill-in-the-blank building blocks are used to build AutoMate Tasks.
- Multi-Machine & Scalability: While a workflow itself is always managed by the BPA Server component, the objects contained inside the workflow (such as tasks, events and conditions) can be allocated to evalate or run on different systems. This permits a single workflow the capability to watch and react to events on machines in different physical locations, while all being a part of the same, high-level, automation process.
- The Enterprise Edition offers all the features found in the Standard Edition along with the following:
- Cross Platform Automation: Direct execution across multi-platforms. The Process Agent is written in Java, which makes it compatible to the most common desktop operating systems, including Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Solaris and Microsoft Windows.
- Unlimited Number of Agents: AutoMate BPA Server allows for the centralised management of tasks and workflows over your network. Enterprise Edition places no limit on Agent registrations to a server, while Standard Edition has a limit of 10.
- User Accounts and Groups: For any organisation with multiple people involved in the automation lifecycle, Enterprise Edition can create an account for each user and assign a role to restrict what changes the user can make to the system. Users can be put into role-based groups and authentication can be done via Microsoft Exchange.
Network Automation products are licensed on a per machine basis. Each machine used for management, development or execution of an automated business processes using BPA Server will require a licence. The following licences are available:
- Server Licence: Provides all of the management and reporting capabilities for AutoMate BPA Server 7 including the server management console
- Development Tools Licence: Used to create the actual automated processes and include the workflow designer and task builder
- Client Access Licence: Each client access license (CAL) enables the use of an agent for execution of tasks and workflows on one machine.
The purchase of AutoMate BPA Server includes 1 server for management capabilities, 1 set of development tools for the development of tasks and workflows and 1 client access licence for execution of tasks workflows. Additional development tools and client access licences are sold separately.