InstallAnywhere is the leading installation development solution for application producers who need to deliver a professional and consistent multiplatform installation experience for physical, virtual and cloud environments. InstallAnywhere creates reliable installations for on-premises platforms – Windows, Linux, Apple, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, and IBM – and enables you to take existing and new software products to a virtual and cloud infrastructure, and create Docker containers—all from a single InstallAnywhere project.
What’s New in InstallAnywhere 2017
- NEW Advanced UI Designer – WYSIWYG designer for installation panels makes it fast and easy to create appealing, DPI-aware installations. Designs can be saved as templates and reused to ensure consistent branding across all your products. (Premier with Virtualization and Cloud, Premier and Professional Editions)
- NEW Rules Manager – Simplify the development of multiplatform installations by defining reusable platform rules that are automatically applied based on file types. (Premier with Virtualization and Cloud, Premier and Professional Editions)
- NEW Install Dependencies from Linux® Package Managers– Implement Linux best practices and reduce steps for managing RPM and DEB prerequisites by installing dependencies from Linux package managers. (Premier with Virtualization and Cloud and Premier Editions)
- ENHANCED Install Databases to IBM DB2, Microsoft® SQL, MySQL®, and Oracle® – Simplify development of installations for complex applications by ensuring your installations can easily connect to the leading database servers: IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL, MySQL and Oracle. Built-in panels give your users the ability to easily connect installations to the database server. (Premier with Virtualization and Cloud and Premier Editions)
- ENHANCED Build Docker Images from Any InstallAnywhere Project – Increase your deployment options and simplify installation development by automatically creating both Docker images and traditional multiplatform installers from a single InstallAnywhere project. Share your Docker images and make your applications visible in the Docker Hub and private repositories. (Premier with Virtualization and Cloud Edition)